Blower motor resistor

Abe
0

Asked by Abe Mar 06, 2010 at 07:35 PM about the 2000 Lincoln Town Car

where is my blower motor resistor for a 2000 lincoln town car and whats the easiest way to replace it

Art Bartz
495

most of them are under the dash on the passenger side and easy to replace...most are 2 bolts to the heater box, near the blower motor

Anneslimo
60

Unfortunately I believe in this car it is in the engine compartment buried behind the tranny dip stick tud and very much a pain to get too.

sugarray
50

It is in the engine compartment on the firewall almost in line with the cam cover. It is square and has an orange sticker on it

customerservice
130

I personally own a 2000 Lincoln Town car. Mine has EATC (Electronic Automotic Temperature Control). With this setup an electronic blower controller is used in place of the blower resistor. The blower controller is in fact located inder the hood, nearly centered with the car, but slighty toward the passenger side. It is mounted in the HVAC ductwork just behind the engine. Removing the cowling made access a lot easier for me, when I was replacing mine. This company offers a replacment part that is cost competative with the OEM. www.cottage-technology.com Good luck.

grdunn1234
0

I replaced this on my car. Several things have to be removed to get to it. There are two screws holding it in position. It is in the fire wall behind the left valve cover. This is a very tight area. Small hands are a great advantage. It took me about two hours to replace it.