How do you replace alternator in 2002 Kia vanwhile stationary in my friends driveway

kevinthomas
0

Asked by kevinthomas Aug 28, 2007 at 09:12 PM about the 2002 Kia Sedona

dvigano
10,145

Hi kevinthomas, First, set aside between 5 and 7 hours depending on your mechanical ability and tool selection. Unhook the battery terminals, loosen the idler and remove the belt. Remove the top radiator shroud and remove the metal structure underneath. Remove the cooling fan and loosen the radiator and condenser (if a/c equipped). Then remove the O2 sensor. You can finally get to the alternator and see that you'll have to slide it out from the front of the engine. Remove the alternator, careful not drop it or brush against the radiator. Reinstall new one in reverse order. Follow the manufacturers directions on alternator hookup so as not to void the warranty. Good luck!