Lost Power .. and lost compression

Frustratedowner
0

Asked by Frustratedowner Nov 23, 2010 at 12:08 AM about the 2003 Kia Sorento

My car is a Kia Sorrento 2003 I just had one ignition coil replaced and just 3 days ago when I went from 40 mph to 65 mph  the car lost power and went from 65mph to 0mph and stopped right on the road without power to even pull over to the side of the road. I keep doing maintenance and spending money on the car it seems that all at once everything is breaking...what could it be....? the battery is brand new, the tune up just done, is 140K miles.

anjy834u
3,075

check the fuel pressure pump once. that might cause the issue. http://sorento-kia.net/2011-images/

Angk
0

I have similar problem with my sorento. I have to consult more than 10 different mechanics, including those of Kia who were unable to fix the problem for more than 3 years.we did everything and looked into every potential causes and did many diagnostic without solution. My mail to Kia Hq korea also don't get me any response. Almost lost my live several time during the period. However, I finally found a specialist who solve the problem by cleaning the filter located within the fuel tank. And this has solve the problem with engine cutting off. I hope yours is facing the same cause. Good luck to you. Anyway, I have decided to dump the money sucking machine today after having to spend huge sum for repair almost every month. So I am saying bye bye the tons of trouble.