I need to replace the door handle on my kia car & I need help.

alexant
0

Asked by alexant Oct 13, 2012 at 02:11 PM about the 2004 Kia Spectra

how do i get to the door panel off to replace a passenger door handle on a  2004 kia?

John Leone
3,845

kia, there should be phillip head screws, one in the cup holder, one behind a clip near the handle, and go around the outside of the trim, near the side mirror sometimes is one, BEHIND A SMALL COVER the same color as the door, the covers just pop off, then with a tool, (usually a screw driver), start at the bottom and slide it in between the panel and metal frame, apply the tool to the metal and push so the panel is seperated from the door.it will pop off in that section if there are no screws, (some models only have 1 screw, some have 2, some have 4!!!!!!anyway repeat the popping process, at times small white pieces of plastic may fall on the ground, they are the clips you pop, they usually slide back into the panel slots when it is off, once it is completely loose, the panel GOES UPWARDS, careful the wires are attached, and has to be finagled around the door handle and locking rod....you don't have much room with the wires, but you have enough....then it is off, remove the cheap black insulator or plastic and find the small piece of cheap thin plastic that commonly breaks.......