Leaking fluid from underneath the engine at the front.

georgela
5

Asked by georgela Jun 26, 2013 at 04:15 AM about the 2004 Kia Sorento

Last night after getting home I noticed that there was a clear liquid dripping from the front of the car.  It was clear and a little warm with a slight grease to it.  It smelt like old water. After about 10mins it stopped completely.  Please could someone help with what this could be?

DavidH25

If this happened right after you parked the car, it's not coolant because it would be hot, not a 'little warm' And clear, huh? Could be your A/C evaporator condensation drain. It is clear water that forms from condensation, even maybe ice on the evaporator that drains when you use the A/C and especially after you shut it off. And that is just about how long it would drip, maybe 5 to 10 minutes. It could pick up a slight slick oily feeling to it. Check your coolant level anyway, the plastic bottle should be about 1/4 full cold, and the radiator full to the top. NEVER pop a hot radiator cap. Okay, next time you get home pop the hood and watch. Don't touch anything it will all be hot, just look around and see whatever you can see. Let me guess..when you say 'front' it was on the right side, passenger side...front. Correct me if that is not right. If it was in the middle we may be dealing with something else