Alternator Replacement on a 1990 jeep grand wagoneer.

rickwarner
0

Asked by rickwarner May 17, 2014 at 08:10 PM about the 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

I have the Chilton's manual but it does not show the configuration of the bracket mounting for the alternator.  I have all the parts but don't know how they all fit together.  Where can I find a diagram that will walk me through this?

Kurt Burton
1,885

without a pic it is hard to show you it is a bit hard to explain but here it goes. The short bracket should mount on the back side of the alt. and i believe it mounts the back of the alt to the straight bracket which goes in top side of the alt. The bottom bracket mounts on the bottom side of the alt. the curve will curve towards the pass side of the car with the bolt hole mounting to the block or timing cover. the slide portion will be on the back side of the front lower alt tab. I'll tray to get you a pic

Best Answer
Kurt Burton
1,885

found a few pics for you

Kurt Burton
1,885

diagram

rickwarner
0

Thank you Kurt. God Bless You Friend! I took off today so I can have four days to tackle this beast. It's been sitting for seven years so my work is cut out for me. Thanks again.... much appreciated. Have a Great Memorial Day Weekend! :)

Kurt Burton
1,885

Nice to see you get it running again, heads up, dont let that old fuel to the motor, it will be varnish and will ruin a lot of things including sticking the valves. Take the fuel tank out and have it washed out or you will be asking for trouble, trust me, i have been restoring these for 15 years. Check out my garage here and you will see I have had 9 of these myself.