Speedometer repair for 1994 jeep wrangler

HaileeNoel07
45

Asked by HaileeNoel07 Oct 17, 2010 at 01:03 PM about the 1994 Jeep Wrangler

How do I find out what part is needed to repair my speedometer

Amanda Laughman
105

that has happend to our jeep saddly in the cold weather jeep wrangler dashes aparently like to shrink the plastic componets cant take it so we never fixed ours but we just hit the top of the dash to get it to go agian ....if you want it fixed just go to a jeep dealer ship but your problem might happen agian. hopefully that was of some help .....i would start from there they can give you some tips .

Andrew Sciberras
575

youd end up paying quite a bit at the stealership. id check local junkyards first. then your local autoparts store.

HaileeNoel07
45

Thanks for the info. I guess what im asking is if anyone knows whatr part it would be.. I know that up until 90 i believe they have speedo cables... what would I have in a 94?

Christopher Miller
75

Same thing. JEEP didn't change anything in the YJ from '86 to '95 as far as electrical goes. I had the same problem with mine. Just go to AutoZone and pick up your speedo cable and a Haynes manual. It's the easiest to read and it sure helped me with my old YJ. Good luck

Hounddog
0

1994 YJ does not have a cable. It is electric. I am having a problem with mine. Sometimes it turns the odometer backwards. Then the next time I drive it it turns forewards again.