1995 Jeep wrangler fuel pump not working and making a clicking sound

donth8te
0

Asked by donth8te Jan 02, 2013 at 10:11 PM about the 1995 Jeep Wrangler

Robert Mitchell
695

Clicking sound is pretty vague, is it a ticking sound when you try to start your jeep or is it knocking when your jeep is running? is the clicking sound in sequence, does it get louder / quieter if you rev the motor?

45,645

If it's not working, replace it.

NVSmith
75

I agree with tenspeed: if it is clicking loud enough for you to hear it an internal relay may be going bad. First, however, check ALL of your fuel filters- there may be more than one. Also, my expeience with fuel injected Jeeps is that all of the hardware is in the gas tank so be prepared to drain and remove the gas tank. NO SMOKING!!

Robert Mitchell
695

only reason i say ticking is to vague to diagnose is because some ppl mistake the ticking noise to be the injector noise. the jeeps are pretty loud