2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee NO START

Dylan McCrea
335

Asked by Dylan Feb 10, 2011 at 01:27 PM about the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Just bought it. Previous owner said that he ran it dry on gas then it would not restart. He also said the fuel pump was just done. Anyone know what the problem could be? Do you think it could be the fuel filter? Plugged?

Curtis Baggett
445

Turn off all sounds and electronics. Have someone turn the key while you are laying under the jeep or have your head by the fuel spout. You should hear your fuel pump come on. If not, it is probably the fuel pump. If you need help getting it started get some starter fluid or either and spray into the intake. (where the air filter is, while someone is turning the key.) If your fuel pump is good, once it gets started anything it the lines should pump on though. If it stays started then replace your fuel filter and get some injector cleaner. Hope this helps.

Dylan McCrea
335

thanks Curtis, i was actually going to try all of this earlier today, but battery is dead and couldn't find a set of booster cables long enough to reach :/ HOPEFULLY i can get the battery charged up tomorrow and try this.

Curtis Baggett
445

Did you ever get this thing going?