06' Liberty Diesel - hesitation when accelerating from a stop...

Hemissary
0

Asked by Hemissary Apr 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM about the 2006 Jeep Liberty

Normally pulling away from a stop light, sometimes the Liberty will start to act as if it is going to stall, depressing the pedal further has no effect, suddenly the problem dissappears and off it goes. Any ideas??

Thanks

oldjoe
20

I have an 2005 jeep liberty crd clean the map sensor or replace it its on top of the intake manifold towards the rear of engine and on top by the fuel filter side also my turbo boost hose had a 3" tear going into the manifold side (drivers side facing towards the pavement) thats what makes it so much fun! The dealer wanted 640.00 dollars to fix mine and said it was a sticking EGR VALVE. I bought the valve and installed it myself it was not the valve I eventually learned about the hose I bought samcos they're pricey but made in england out of silicone it runs great now. Also you should clean the maf sensor it is on top of the air cleaner box held by 2 philip screws use an electrical degreaser I like crc get it at home depot check the air cleaner as well. When they run good they're a joy got 28.9 mpg on a hunting trip from Detroit to the Mackinac Bridge (77 mph) and from the bridge to Marquette, Michigan got 30.3 mpg going about 63 mph. good luck

papa

could be a bad map scencor,you may need to have the turbo checked.you could also have a bad injector.