will the new Corvette only be available with run-flat tires? Will the magnetic suspension be available across the model range.

ple65
0

Asked by ple65 Jun 18, 2013 at 01:48 PM about the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette

I am looking to buy a sports car to replace my Cayman.  Now it may be the new Porsches which are more refined...important, as any car I buy, sports or no, has to be suitable for cross country driving.

So while my specific questions are above, and directed in this area, generally, do you think there will be a way to order the new Corvette with good NVH qualities to go with the performance?r

califcarson
2,045

I believe the press releases state the new tires made just for the new Corvette will be "run-flat-tires". Remember, with run flat tires, there is no jack, no spare, no place to store a spare, more room for your wine or beer. If you do get a flat tire, stay at the posted speed limit and go to your nearest friendly tire shop for a new replacement or repair. They are not cheap either, but saves a lot of hassle. If your looking at buying a new Corvette, why are you even considering a Porsche? Corvette owner and fan.

califcarson
2,045

The magnetic suspension will be available on all models, but some may be an add on, or standard equipment. Not sure until the final release of what is available. I did read any and all models will have the ability to have it included from the factory.