my 86 crown vic want stay running i changed fuel pump but for some reason when the pump is hooked up it want start but if i unplug the pump it a fire up an run for a lil bit i need help.

mrgist27
0

Asked by mrgist27 Jun 18, 2013 at 09:30 PM about the 1986 Ford Crown Victoria

judge_roy

have you looked at your fuel pressure regulator at all, it is a diaphragm with a vacuum connection to it, on or just before the fuel rail...perhaps this is disconnected and givin' too much pressure....those butyl rubber vacuum hoses are cracky and leaky too~ replace with silicone vacuum lines~

18,045

Did you replace the fuel filter and FP relay also? Check the low oil pressure switch and check the inertia switch both of them can really give you a headache.