what could cuase the front end of an 85 f150 to lock up so tight that you can't push it with a fork lift

85f150
10

Asked by 85f150 Dec 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM about the 1985 Ford E-150

what could cuase the front end of an 85 f150 to lock up so tight that you can't push it with a fork lift, and the front end unlocks the next dayon its own.

61,005

If your talking about the brakes I would check the rubber hoses going to the front brake calipers. With age they tend to collapse and don't allow the brake fluid to blead off the calipers as quickly as it should. To check when it's locked up take the hose loose from the caliper on the caliper side if the brakes release and the wheel moves replace the rubber hoses. Hope this helps