Can transmission fluid be overfull

jack4699
0

Asked by jack4699 Nov 21, 2012 at 04:38 AM about the 2013 Hyundai Accent

I have a 2013 Hyundai Accent with automatic transmission.  When I went to change the oil I mistakenly removed the transmission plug and 2.5 liters came out.  There is no dip stick and the capacity of the system is 7.3 liters.  I took it to a local garage and they added 1 liter.  I then took it to the dealer and they added almost 4 liters.  (I had collected the 2.5 liters but had not measured it until after they had added the additional 4 liters.)  Therefore I am thinking there is 2.5 liters too much fluid in it.  The dealer claims that it is physically impossible to overfill because the fluid would come out the hole that you put the fluid in.  However when I was at the original garage I thought that I saw two and maybe three different orifices in the transmission.  (The local garage wanted me to take it to the dealer to insure he did it right.)  Essentially the question is - What could happen to the transmission if we drive it if there is 2.5 liters too much fluid in it?

109,145

It will foam and cause the tranmission to shift erradically. If you feel something isn't right, have a local trans shop verify everything is OK. Usually they will do free inspections.

7,305

These transmissions are sealed transmissions. There is no dipstick to check fluid or add from. Rather there is a plug on the trans you fill to till it begins to dribble out and you screw the plug back in. Similar to a manual trans. If it was done right there is no way to over fill it without trying very hard to do so. If over filled tom is correct on the symptoms. If the dealer filled it then if a problem arises they will have to recognize that they did it. Being a 2013 im assuming its under warrenty, try to keep it that way.

Lawanda Mcknight
10

What what happens to the car if the transmission is over fool and you driving it