What is an "advanced" auto battery the A8L allegedly has? And will I be able to get this battery myself?

PamelaBW
0

Asked by PamelaBW Jan 25, 2013 at 09:29 PM about the 2013 Audi A8

Just bought a 2013 Audi A8L. However, the dealership from which it was shipped, failed to let the car's brains know
it was there & installed; therefore, brains did not know to keep battery charged. A day later and car didn't start! It's
now back at my dealership waiting on an "advanced battery" to arrive from GERMANY for God's sake to be installed
and properly synched with car's brains---or something like that. Also, my user guide is in my vehicle at dealership,
and the loaner A8L does not have one in glove compartment. I mean really . . .

joef
3,215

Probably not. Just wait for it to come in from Germany...

49,675

You can buy the battery after market but you will need to tell the MMI system that the battery has been changed. You either go back to the dealer or buy a Vag-Com cable that connects the cat to a lap top computer to read/change settings. Go to AudiWorld.com for more details - they have a bunch of A8 owners

Best Answer
PamelaBW
0

Thanks. Think I've got it! Will certainly go to AudiWorld.com to check out details. Am also going to dealership tomorrow to visit car and head of service department now that I'm armed with some info.I did at least learn in meantime that the battery is in the TRUNK---after opening hood and not seeing anything that resembled a battery there . . .

49,675

Batteries are being stowed in the trunk or under the back seat in some makes. Batteries never liked sitting up there in the engine heat. Audi has enough weight in the front with the Quattro drive system. Your next step is to join http://www.audiclubna.org/ and get 6% off of MSRP on your next A8.