what does this code mean po622 generator field [f] control circuit

mylux
0

Asked by mylux Mar 25, 2013 at 09:48 AM about the 2008 Toyota Hilux

i started my hilux and the engine light was on so i took to my mates garage pluged it in and it came back
with p0622 generator field [f] control circuit and would like to no what it means thank you

DavidH25

What does this mean? OBD Code P0622refers to The PCM monitors generator load from the generator/regulator in the form of frequency. The frequency range is determined by the temperature of the voltage regulator, where 97% indicates full load, and below 6% indicates no load. Symptoms Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0622 - Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - No start Causes Possible causes of OBD code P0622 - Generator circuit short to ground. - Generator circuit short to voltage. - Generator circuit open. - Battery-sense circuit open. - Generator drive mechanism. (belt) - Damaged generator/regulator assembly. - Damaged PCM.

DavidH25

PCM is Power Train Control Module, and what stands out here is belt.

45,665

Does the alternator work? Is the battery charging? -- The ECU sends a 5 volt signal to the alternator to excite the alternator field. That's starts the power generation. -- The P0622 code means that there is a problem with that signal. The alternator may still work because nothing is perfect and the alternator might have some residual magnetism to get the power generation ball rolling.

mrvinc1970
40

ok I have same code but my car wont move