what do you do when disatisfied with new jeep that is only 6 months old?

Rose Branham
0

Asked by Rose Dec 20, 2012 at 09:00 AM about the 2012 Jeep Patriot

Craffi3
105

Depends on why you're dissatisfied. If it's mechanical, then hopefully, it is covered under warranty. Otherwise, your options are more limited. First, you may want to approach the dealer from whom you purchased he vehicle. Go to the sales manager or general manager, not your salesperson and explain your concerns in a rational way. More than likely, the best they will do is offer a trade value toward your car for another new car. That trade value will be very low (at least 20% less than you paid). If that isn't acceptable, you might try to sell it yourself, but be aware that they're offering incentives on purchasing new 2012 Jeeps so a buyer would have to see a real bargain to purchase yours instead of a new one. If you didn't put very much down, than you may already have negative equity in the car. Not much you can do if that's the case. Can you sell it to a friend or relative? Buyer beware is the normal caveat when buying any vehicle.

Daniel Rosso
215

or just take it off-road, you'll be satisfied. I'm more than happy with my 2010(bought new) and it's lasted me for nearly 40k miles so far, though I once had to get the suspension replaced because it was squeaky. When I had a dealer check out the squeaks, they ended up replacing pretty much the entire suspension for free because I still had 4 months and 15k miles left on the warranty. Not only that, but if it's the stock performance you're worried about, it's a Jeep....modify it! Rocky Road was the first aftermarket part supplier to even look at the Patriot for modification purposes, and they make quality parts, including a 2-inch lift and some rock rails. You can check them out at www.rocky-road.com