2012 Dodge Grand Caravan - What is the 'DTE' display?

vclffrd
20

Asked by vclffrd Oct 12, 2011 at 05:59 PM about the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan

The electronic console shows the temperature, mpg, two trip odometers, total mileage, speed, etc. But, there is one entry labeled 'DTE' that is not explained in the manual. In fact, much of the manual doesn't match my console at all. Anybody know what is referring to? Numbers appear but I can't correlate what they go to. Other than that, a great automobile so far.

Dan Connell
6,445

DTE stands for Due Till Empty, pretty much its telling you how many miles you have left before your tank is empty

papa

Duel Tack Eletrode,has to do with tackodometer,if the tack gets out of sink with the RPM,s,it will light up.

Dan Connell
6,445

hes talking about the Due Till Empty display, it displays numbers which correlate to the number of miles left before the gas tank is empty

Dan Connell
6,445

also on a car this new, the tachometer will never be out of sync. the reason for that is because the tachometer on this vehicle gets its reading from the ECM which gets a digital signal from the crankshaft position sensor. a misreading tachometer is pretty much a thing of the past.

Dan Connell
6,445

yea really. ever heard of a CAN BUS network? haha jesus, i see some of the things you tell people on here, you should just quit while your ahead, you make your self look like an idiot. your a keyboard warrior dude.

papa

another wanna be,I stand behind my answers.you spew BS.is it past your bed time.

Dan Connell
6,445

i totally spew BS which is why my answer to the question was 100% correct, seeing as i have the same DTE on my 2004.5 ram 3500. ive honestly never even heard of a Dual Tach Electrode, its possible its a make believe part, or just before my time as an automotive technician.

Phil Wang
125

Distance To Empty.

Dan Connell
6,445

haha Due Till Empty, Distance Till Empty, same thing right? you do agree thats its not some "Duel Tack Electrode" though right? haha

Dan Connell
6,445

show me a picture of a "duel tack elektrode" cause i looked it up on google (with corrected spelling) and found nothing.

vclffrd
20

I'll take Dan's answer with thanks, and hope this stops the diatribe between him and Papa.

point54481
0

DISTANCE TO EMPTY IS MY ANSWER ... AND IT IS !!!

BLKBRY300
45

its the mileage left till u run out of gas