I started my car with the keys in, I got out it and locked

sunshine39
10

Asked by sunshine39 Nov 13, 2013 at 07:24 PM about the 2011 Dodge Durango

madmopar
1,575

I guess you only have 1 key? call a tow truck. most carry tools to help with a lockout. get a spare key and a hide-a-key. the spare doesn't have to have a chip--just needs to be able to work the lock so you can get the door open and get to the keys inside. also, someone else can't start your car if they find the spare.

Sigurður Guðmundsson
1,105

This happened to me once when I was driving in snow blizzard and towing lots of cars stuck in the snow. Some water got into the drivers door and caused this. I opened every electric connector inside the door and dried it with a hair dryer and sprayed some silicone into them and it has not happened since. Check your drivers door connectors.

Sigurður Guðmundsson
1,105

Also there are holes on the bottom of the door´s and if they are covered with tape then take the tape of and keep it off to keep the doors dry on the inside that´s what the holes are for.

sunshine39
10

Unfortunately both sets of keys were in the car...however I thought it would NOT lock if it detected the keys.

Sigurður Guðmundsson
1,105

yep you can lock your self in the car if you feel a threat.