tire pressure sensor

captrevy
0

Asked by captrevy Jul 25, 2011 at 01:37 PM about the 2011 Lexus ES 350

how do I reset the air pressure sensor on a 2011 Lexus es350

Kyle Rogan
795

first you should fix the leak. maybe a nail in the tire? if all the tires have air check the spare. some have a monitor in the spare. if all tires are good with pressures, there is a button under the dash on the drivers side. it'll have a tire indicator and a small black button. press and hold until light blinks three times and then release. that will reinitialize the computer and set the thresholds for the computer. if light persists, you may have a failed monitor in the wheel and only a dealer with techstream can help you with that.

charliern9
120

If I have over inflated a tire (s) will the tire pressure indicator sense that? My tire gauge wasn't working properly and I'm not sure if I ended up with the right air pressure. If it was as I hoped I have 32-33 lbs. pressure in the front tires and approx. 35 in the rear. Does that sound right? Thanks in advance for your help.

Kyle Rogan
795

No, the sensor will not tell you if you have a over inflated tire. Only set to recognize when a tire falls below threshold. PSI spec for tires on a es 350 are 30psi in all 4 corners. obviously you can set them however you want for ride and feel. At the dealer i usually set 34-35