radio removal

swd31
0

Asked by swd31 May 18, 2009 at 05:54 PM about the 2009 Mazda MAZDA2

Hi i want to remove the radio from my new 2009 mazda 2 1.6d sport. I need to conect my Parrot bluetooth to the radio leads. hope someone can help. Many thanks.

Carlos McNulty
25

i wouldnt recommend to remove it! ull need to unmount the whole dashboard! to do so! its up tou

davehill1974
90

How did you do it? I have the same problem? Just some sort of lock on the top left after taking all of the console off etc?

You think this is helpful.
davehill1974
90

Actually if anybody else wants to know this was really easy to do in the end. 1. Remove the knob from the gear stick 2. remove the panels in the both footwells there is a plastic clip at the bottom ease this out and the rest are just clips so a sharp tug releases them 3. Remove the 2 screws from either side that have now been exposed. Prize off the top of the centre console from the side of the glove box and next to the steering wheel and pull. The whole of the centre compartment then removes. 4. Remove the 2 screws from under the heater controls 5. Remove the glove box by removing the retaining cors from the back 6. Squeeze the centre of the glove box to allow the stops to come past the dash board the glove box will now just come out 7. look into the hole where the glove box was and up towards the radio, you will see a 10mm bolt. Remove this. 8. The stereo can now be eased out carefully. Hope this helps anybody that like me struggled! Dave.