engine quality

Easy
0

Asked by Easy Apr 13, 2010 at 01:42 AM about the 1994 Hyundai Elantra

Can anyone tell me if the engine of this car is any good? I am contemplating buying this car from a friend, it is still working fine but I don't wnt to fall into a trap and these reviews are not helping because ost of them are so emotional.

Adam Niemeyer
175

if anything is wrong with the car you are looking around 1000 bucks just to fix most things under the hood, with the drive train, brakes aren't bad around 500 hundred but everything else is expensive, i just bought mine a year ago and just this past winter i had to replace a water pump, 979 dollars. two months before that the clutch went out 915 dollars because the side mounted engines tranny cannot be accessed from under the car. worth it for the gas mileage but the wallet not so much should it break down on you