Has anyone experienced their vehicle shuting down while driving, all by itself?

Ken Wheaton
10

Asked by Ken Dec 29, 2011 at 02:39 AM about the 2011 Kia Sorento

While coasting at about 15-25 mph in traffic, the vehicle just turned off.

Michael McGrail
4,525

I had an 87 Bonneville that did it a few times (back in the day)... I had a bad PCM.. Luckily it was on recall and was replaced at no cost.. Chances are though, you may just have a loose battery connection. If it is not a battery and becomes a repeat problem.. Take it back to the dealer and file a warranty claim..

Ken Wheaton
10

Several different dealers have come across the same problem and they're telling the customers that since the engine is not capturing a fault and we can't repeat it, there's nothing we can do for you. I heard Nissan is having a recall for the same problem on their cars.

Ken Wheaton
10

Besides, the car is only 6 months old. It's had two shut downs and a misfire already. Not what I expected from KIA.

Michael McGrail
4,525

They are feeding you crap.. If you have had the car shut down on you twice, they are obligated to discover the problem. Code or no code.. Does not matter..

Ken Wheaton
10

KIA rebooted both computers with new software (so they told me). Waiting to see if it happens again. I did notice that after reboot, the car is slow to respond to fuel.