Hard start problem (possible electronic issue)

Phil Blair
0

Asked by Phil Jun 01, 2012 at 07:58 PM about the 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon with a standard trans, I have a car that has a hard start issue, this seems to happen a lot more when it is wet out as well, but the weird thing is that when I turn the ignition off then back on it fires right up. I used to think this was a fuel regulator problem but I replaced that and it happened again. So I am not sure as to what the problem is now. Also to note that no idiot lights are on at all when this happens.  

James Warner
1,710

its a good possibility that your crank sensor is going out, just not to the point that it has set a code or turned on the check engine light. most auto part stored will scan the vehicle for you for free. it might store a ode with no light coming on since its an intemittent problem. if its the crank sensor it will be code p0335

Phil Blair
0

I have my own scanner so I can check it myself, I just never thought to plug it in bc of no lights coming on, I still find it odd that most of the time this happens when it is wet out. So I will check this out.

Wynand Beer
165

I would also check the engine censor. It might have some carbon buildup that needs cleaning. Also check plugs and wires. You might have some condensation that just needs a bit of silicon based spray to fight the moisture.