does anybody have an image file or pdf of a wiring diagram for infinity stereo system that came factory in a 01 tibby

iTron92
10

Asked by iTron92 May 03, 2012 at 06:27 PM about the 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i am getting a stereo for my car, and i wanna install it my self... my only issue now is that i need a wiring diagram to know which wires to connect to which on the aftermarket head unit. so if anybody has an image file or a pdf that i could use i would greatly appreciate it!! thanks!

xxxcityboyxxx
225

Instead of trying to splice wires, try finding an adapter for your head unit. The adapter plugs into the back of the unit and the wire bundle connector.

James Warner
1,770

that is defintiely the best way to do it, especially if you buy the radio and adapter from the same place. that way all your wiring is the radio harness to the adapter harness. all done outside of vehicle and allows you to just plug and play

NxTC1275
0

Here is the color codes (in text) I found for my car's harness. I *believe* this to be for the Infinity audio option because of its explicit mention of the amp trigger leads, etc. As only the Infinity system has the rear-pillar outboard amplifier, OE subwoofer, etc. I have an '07 Tiburon GT that was originally equipped with the Infinity sound system *option*. However, an aftermarket Sony head unit was installed in a Metra pocket & wired into the stock harness - to OE amplifier & OE component tweeters/mids up front & the rear pillar speakers in back. The aftermarket head unit has dedicated sub-out, control of high/low pass on channels, etc but those features are useless as the sub can't be controlled from the aftermarket head unit/level control is inoperative, etc. I'm soon going to open the console & see what kind of drama I'm looking at if the previous owner diced up the OE wiring harness. I'm hoping a proper harness adapter was used & the OE vehicle-side connector for it is still intact & I can 'restore' the OE head unit & other pieces. Yea, why would I want to go back to the OE head unit? Well, because for now it's more economical that going all-the-way with aftermarket amps/components & removing the original amplifier. If you're going to strip out the OE head unit on these premium stock audio cars, you'd better go all the way or leave it alone, IMO. I'm hunting down original part numbers so I can get all the items together to bring back the original head unit, add the original XM radio receiver option, etc. The main reason is because the levels & proportions aren't right with the sub vs the other channels, & by 'just' adding the aftermarket head unit that original balance in the factory system is gone. And there's no easy way to adjust it & still use the factory amp & existing harness. If I were to go aftermarket head-unit I'd also be compelled to run new speakers wires to new component speakers, aftermarket amps, etc & perhaps only re-use the stock subwoofer. I would preserve the original harness & not cut into it at all, running the new wires in parallel with the original harness so that in the event I sell the car I can bring back the original stereo in its entirety with no evidence of the car's original harness being cut into. That's the way to roll, IMO. *rant*