my2001 hyundai santa fe wont start and runs horribly after it rains

meggers
10

Asked by meggers Jun 03, 2013 at 12:01 AM about the 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe

2001 Hyundai santa fe has a brand new battery 115,000 miles and just didn't feel like starting today after running an errand dash lights up no clicking car just wont start any ideas or suggestions would like an idea as to where to pinpoint issue

judge_roy

you must replace the high-voltage ignition wires going from coil pack to sparkplug...as a temporary solution you could give it a shower in WD-40 (water displacer will make high voltage happy again)

meggers
10

its a bit testy as I mentioned with the wet weather it tends to "sputter" today however was dry concerned if it is a starter issue or just in need of some new spark plugs

judge_roy

yes new battery, no this isn't the problem...sparkplugs are probably okay, just the high-voltage wires are bad.~

judge_roy

get the original...or better, Hyundai has a reputation for goin' with the cheapest they can lay a claw on, so NAPA would be a suitable choice, maybe Denso? not sure what the Koreans use as OEM~ get better than original...it's only high-voltage wires....this is not rocket science...though easy to mess it up, as high-voltage IS very fussy...and prefers resistance over direct----thus is the tendency over 10,000 volts~