ABS/TCS light on

SOS
0

Asked by SOS Aug 17, 2009 at 07:03 AM about the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

My 2002 V6 4WD Automatic Santa Fe ABS/TCS light comes on and the mechanic is not getting a reading in the computer of any problems even when the light is on. New brakes, etc were installed and now the brakes are locking.  They replaced the cables, lubed them, etc.  Again no trouble codes in the computer. Any suggestions?

redfoxc4
70

This may sound very primitive but I had the exact same problem. Took it to the dealer they hooked it up to the computer and also got no codes. It ended up being a burnt out ABS fuse. There are 2 make sure you check them both.

skk
30

I had the exact same problem. That went on for a couple of years, and then I started having the ABS go off on it's own, and I would hear a grinding sound and the brakes would grab. It happened whenever. Finally they found a cracked ring that was causing the ABS brakes to respond. Now the light does not go on anymore. So be aware that it could be something to do with the "ring"...whatever that is!

You think this is helpful.
aaacar
185

wheel speed sensor may have a bad connection,sonetimes when brakes get serviced wire going to wheel speed sensor accidently gets bumped causing lights to come on.

James Warner
1,490

the most probable cause of this concern is a cracked tone ring on one of the drive axles. they are right on the end of the axles and can be seen from underneath the car if it is raised.the easiest and most reliable way to find it is by simple visual inspection. the ring is available through the dealer but it may be just as cheap to find an aftermarket axle to replace the one thats bad