santa fe won't start, what is most likely wrong?

bond
0

Asked by bond May 14, 2007 at 05:50 PM about the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

My car worked fine this morning, then wouldn't start later.  Turns over fine but won't catch. Gas was low, but I put more in just in case, still will not start. Any suggestions?

LouB
11,590

Hi Bond! Here's a no-start troubleshooting guide to help you narrow down some of teh possibilities. Hope it helps, good luck! http://www.samarins.com/diagnose/index.html

You think this is helpful.
Israel Garcia
305

i recomend to check the fuel pressure and replace the fuel filter, cos it seems like a fuel problem

Brae Williams
50

I have just replaced the heater core in my 04 Santa Fe w/ the v6 2.7L and I am having the same issue, no start...ran fine last night and now it turns over but wont start. I think that coolant leaking from the heater core may have damaged the PCM as it sits directly under the heater box in the dash. It is either that or the fuel system, or the crankshaft sensor...will post more as soon as I diagnose. good luck!

James Warner
1,490

checkingthe crank sensor is a good idea but there is also a fuel cutoff switch under the hood that may have been tripped. its along one of the fenders( i tink the drivers side. doesnt happen often byt its another thing to check. if its tripped it will click when pressed(theres a little button on top of it)

Brae Williams
50

After removing the pcm, found residual coolant in the circuit board of the pcm and the tranny module. Disassembled, cleaned, and reinstalled...started right up. Died finally after about an hour of running and now I am replacing the pcm. I think I may write Hyundai a strongly worded letter regarding their piss poor design placement of the pcm/ tranny mod. Directly under the heater box. I know this doesn't happen very often, but if it does happen and you don't have warranty you're looking at 1200 for the heater core replacement and 1000 for the pcm/ tranny mod. Replacement...its a rip off.

Pagi
10

Hi I have a Hyndai Santa Fe 2006. I took it yesterday to get aligned, and the technician told me that my car had a sluggish performance. They recommended a computerized evaluation of $80. Is this worth it? How costly could a repair for something like this be?

me29
80

My 03 Hyundai santé Fe wont even turn over but, my lights come on and so does the radio, when I flicked my high beam that was even bright. Why wont my car start?