What does the blue light (looks like a thermometer) on the dashboard mean?

vinnied
25

Asked by vinnied Aug 16, 2010 at 02:51 AM about the 2001 Toyota Opa

Hi there, I have a Toyota Opa which is pretty similar to the Corolla. The blue warning
light came on. Can anyone identify what this means?

stewd8
20

the thermometer on the dash means heat,,,,check yur coolant level

vinnied
25

It only comes on when it's cold and goes off once the car is warmer (its winter in New Zealand at present). I asked another Opa owner and he indicated it meant ' take it easy on the RPM until the engine is warmer'.

Ian Whitted
60

That's exactly what it is. My mum got a new Versa, and it does that. My '02 Corolla on the other hand has an actual thermometer gauge. It's basically the same thing.