Recurring Check engine light

lwilley
25

Asked by lwilley Jan 30, 2008 at 10:49 AM about the 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe

I have a 2005 Santa Fe 6 cylinder. The check engine light comes on after I go up a long hill. They tell me the code is 2422. They have replaced valves, intake and the match  mate
It has been back to the dealer 7 times with this problem in 3 months. They seem to be at a loss. Is there other reported incidents of this?

23,655

This code indicates "Evap canister vent shut valve close malfunction." You say they have replaced valves, intake, and something else?? This is crazy if you're talking about the valves in the engine. The EVAP canister captures evaporated fuel vapor and sends it back to the gas tank. There is a purge valve and solenoid in the system. I am not sure what the flow chart indicates in the service manual for this code but I would say that this is a purely emissions-related code and I find it hard to believe that they are throwing hard engine parts at it without addressing the system itself.

Billy Corn
10

I also have the same code, 2422. It popped up the day after I put Lucas Fuel System Cleaner into the tank.

Billy Corn
10

http://cdn.racerpartswholesale.com/images/uploads/3140_1292_large.jpg