Need to remove the exhaust manifold shield screws.

07pontiacwave
0

Asked by 07pontiacwave Nov 20, 2011 at 11:28 AM about the 2007 Pontiac Wave

The metal shield in front of the exhaust manifold came off as it corroded where the screws are.
Anyone have any tips on how I can unscrew those screws (they look corroded) so I can put a plate to hold the shield in place. Right now Im driving the car without the shield, will that cause a problem?

papa

no,it wont cause a problem.use some pb blaster to soak the bolts should come right out.

07pontiacwave
0

I will do that. Thanks

OrLackThereof
1,615

It will cause underhood temps to go up a bit, but will it cause a problem? Unless there are wires routed within 3 inches or so of the manifold, no, it will not cause a problem in the short term. In the long term, it could cause the paint on your hood to fade a bit over that area. Get a can of PB-Blaster and spray the bolts down and let them soak for 5 minutes, then back them out slowly. If they start to hang up, run them forward a turn or so, then back again. Hopefully they will all come out but some may snap. Do this by hand with a 3/8 ratchet...if you run an impact, you'll just snap them clean off.

papa

onley thing that might get hot is the raidaitor,no wires around it,heat shield gets as hot as the exhoust pipe.