How to remove broken screws for the air filter cap?

07pontiacwave
0

Asked by 07pontiacwave Nov 20, 2011 at 11:26 AM about the 2007 Pontiac Wave

I was going to check the air filter and noticed that two of the four screws are broken somehow and the thread part is inside the screwhole.
Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to remove those screws or will I have to buy a new air filter case?

papa

as long as it has the 2 holding it down it will be ok,if you want to remove the other 2 use a easy out to remove.

07pontiacwave
0

Thanks for the reply... What is a easy out and I will look into it. Thanks

papa

you drill a hole into the top of the broken screw,the easy out goes into the hole tap it in,it has backwards teeth like bits on it,it onley turns backward to remove broken bolts,can get a set at any parts store.

Scott Wilson
165

Get a can of PB-Blaster and spray the bolts down and let them soak broken bolts drill the size hole for the bolt extractor to fit. or just get a used one from a scrap yard. Just remember keep the holes lubed with white grease. And you will not have any trouble again.