removing fuel pump 1990 honda accord

Bridle
0

Asked by Bridle Nov 04, 2008 at 01:53 PM about the 1990 Honda Accord

How do you remove the fuel pump.?  It has an access door under
the back seat./  Does it screw out?

Julie Huynh
125

What's the reason for removing the fuel pump?

You think this is helpful.
Don Phan
105

I got this from answerbag.com. You probably ran into it also but: jack up the driver side rear of your car once you can see underneth the car locate the gas tank and you will see two straps put some thing under the tank like another jack so you can lower it down, find the straps that hold the tank up and loosen the bolts one at a time make sure you have somthing supporting the tank once you have the bolts out (there is only two ) you have to remove every thing on the side of the tank before you can lower it down and there is a plug in your trunk thst you will need to unplug before lowering the tank, after you have all the lines on the side off and every thing off the tank the you can begin to lower the tank, there you will see the fuel pump on the left hand side. remove all the nuts from the top of the tank and one line in the center of the pump then you can remove the pump. 0 Pts I hope it was useful!

Logan Saunders
1,060

I hope it isn't a clogged fuel filter? Often overlooked and pump replaced instead.