What causes my 1994 Honda Accord won't start in extreme cold and hot weather?

highbidexpress
0

Asked by highbidexpress Jan 31, 2013 at 11:39 PM about the 1994 Honda Accord

It's really weird my car won't start in when it's below freezing or when it's above 90 degrees F.   Any ideas

judge_roy

94 has a computerized choke. one of it's sensors is pickup up errant signals. Not sure if this one has a thermo-time switch which must sense the temp...at any rate the signals what determine the correct air/fuel mix are not behaving themselves. will have to investigate to see what the sensors actually are on your buggy.

45,765

Not to mention having almost twenty years of crud and worn out parts. Five more years and it's considered an antique.

highbidexpress
0

Thank you for the responses. How do I determine what kind of sensors are on my car? Do I have to take it to the dealer?

judge_roy

Well...if you've got a schematic, and electrical tester, you can take them one at a time. Will have to do some research on 94 hondas to see how they can get us into trouble. Focus on the Choke, (the butterfly) and the heat riser (tho hondas have a thermal time switch)....some models. Damn, the vacuum connections on an 88 Honda carb are like a spaghetti of tubing. A "Vacuum Computer" as it were- perhaps yours is less complicated, vacuum tubing wise-

elvisman4
490

replace the distributor