oil

frankcross
0

Asked by frankcross Jun 30, 2012 at 04:23 AM about the 1993 Bentley Turbo R

I have topped up engine oil and didnt push dipstick all way down.So have overfilled and dipstick shows 1 inch above max.Do i have to get someone to drain some oil out or is this still a safe amount? HELP.PLEASE

99,455

I know you don't want the extra work and it was a DOH moment, but it's best to drain the extra out. You will put extra strain on the engine to move the extra oil around, increasing the pressure and straining the gaskets, possibly causing leaks and it might clog your PCV valve causing all sorts of issues. You can have someone crack the oil plug and let the extra drain out without draining all of the oil.

pepperoni
10

Don't know if u have Auto Zone, they have a siphon kit for about 6 bucks,put the hose in and siphon out the extra oil-yes too much is not good-it will foam up ,caused because the crank shaft will slosh in the oil , can cause ur oil pump to not pump-no oil where needed-an ounce of prevention-

jubilee77
0

I have just bought a Bentley Turbo R 1991 car. I have driven the car home and now wanted to go out in it and cannot turn the ignition on. The key wil go in but will not turn left or right. I think this is due to an engine imobiliser? Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

DoctorBenz
0

On the Bentley, the steering wheel lock may be jammed in a funny angle... Try to wiggle the steering wheel at same time you turn the ignition key. Good luck, Doctor Benz