Little Gold Lever on the pedal itself!

Brent Berg
0

Asked by Brent May 26, 2013 at 04:19 AM about the 1996 Honda Accord

There is a little gold spring looking thing only on the clutch pedal. Like a release lever
or something not sure. I'm just 17 really don't know what it is. I just replaced my
master cylinder and have everything good. It fires up but the clutch isn't stiff at all now.
But works fine. Also it would just go into gear will it was broke down not started. Now it
will not go into gear is that cause I have done something wrong with that lever on my
clutch pedal? I need some help. Thanks

Michael Mierzejewski
2,250

The gold spring is most likely a return spring. That should be hooked back up. But the pedal being pimp is most likely from the master cylinder and slave cylinder having air in the lines. Theres a bleeder screw on the slave cylinder to release the air. Youll need to have someone pump the pedal several times, then hold the pedal all the way down. With the pedal down, open the valve for a couple seconds, then close it. Have your partner pump again and repeat the process. Make sure you keep the master cylinders reservoir full the whole time. This may take several attempts to remove all the air.