Can you have a 4cyl hood for a v6 engine? or would it over heat?

143dev
0

Asked by 143dev Jan 30, 2007 at 01:37 PM about the 1996 Honda Accord

i need a new hood. i have a v6 engine in my 1996 honda accord lx v6. i cant find any hoods that comes for a v6 engine only 4cyl.

17,625

don't see why the engine size would effect the hood size. It wouldn't cause it to overheat.

kdub
0

same problem man. 96 v6 honda accord hood is very hardto find my mechanic estimated 700 bucks and he will find one and install it :/

Collin Blackburn
55

Should be the exact same thing. Same car, different engine- meaning the body parts are all the same. Only thing that's different is probably the emissions sticker underneath the hood. Otherwise, go for it!

Tim White
5

I recall A friend needing to replace a hood on a v6 and he found out the front of the v6 is slightly wider than the 4cyl. hood and fenders do not match up.

4,745

Honda does wierd things with body pieces. Ive also experianced tail lights that dont match up because of trim level. Wierd crap. Go junk yard hunting.