I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra with 36,000 miles. Went to O'Reilly and the girl gave me the wrong transmission fluild. Poured about 1/2 of the bottle of Valvoline Dexron-VI Full Synthetic automatic transmission fluid. Noticed the color was red when it was suppose to be brown. Went back and the manager confirmed it was the incorrect one. Will this fluid affect in any way my transmission??

cinthya
0

Asked by cinthya Apr 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM about the 2009 Nissan Sentra

cinthya
0

I now know the correct fluid type, but O'Reilly is trying to wash their hands off saying it wasn't a lot of fluid that was poured. Yet, they did admit it was the wrong fluid.

judge_roy

Who knows what alchemy may happen...best to have the factory spec. (dexron IV or ATF 4) check your owner's manual for the correct fluid type~

119,485

I assume you have a CVT transmission? Yes, that requires different fluid. I'm sure you won't get anything initially from O'Reilly's, but I would have the fluid that is in there now flushed out and replaced with the correct type of fluid. Don't drive it much till this is done. I'd save the receipt and contact customer service at O'Reillys and demand they pay for the service.

Best Answer
18,345

I agree with tom. Although half a quart is not very much fluid, but i know cvt transmissions are very picky on the fluid type.

cinthya
0

Tom. Yes, it is a CVT transmission. I took it already to get it drained out and get the correct fluid. I demanded for this service to get payed at O'Reilly, but they are saying it was just a little poured. So I asked for their corporate number. This is ridiculous.