What do you think of the 2009 Ariel Atom?

CarGurus
0

Asked by CarGurus Nov 13, 2008 at 06:08 PM about the 2009 Ariel Atom

What is so great about this car? Have you ever driven one?

Nick Shanny
40

This looks like fun on the track.

Dany Lourenco
0

supercharger honda k20 + f1 style handling and design = the best car ever made period.

Matt Abel
5

actually an American company bought ariel and they use a turbo charged ecotec motor

Lukáš Horký
0

I wish I can drive this amazing car!

Philip Levy
0

F-ing sweet

Marcus Probert
0

Saw an Ariel Atom on Top Gear, trying to rip Clarkson's face off, which was funny. Speed is cool, Handling is cool. Everything is cool!!! though I never driven it myself!

Geoffrey Elsom
0

it real thing--

Ted Hunt
35

you guys can drive an ariel atom at an ariel atom experience. check the website, they go all over north america to great tracks. btw, it's a Canadian company.

Taylor Gaston
5

Why did they use such a small bike to face it?? The 600 is a measilly little thing....

Stuart Innes
0

Awesome!

Aj Stroud
0

yeah these cars are awesome, i have a friend that actually builds them near VIR and #1 perk... test drives... by the way a 600 is definitely NOT a measley little thing, i hit 160 in no time, 132 horses and 350 lbs measley... WHAT?! I think not.

Tom Zhang
50

Ariel is based near Somerset, England, and Brammo Motorsports has the exclusive rights to it in the States.

Joe Heebner
0

saw one two summers ago. awesome car. even the electric version outdoes the ferrari enzo 0-60

Patrick Shaw
0

Well a 600 is a measley little thing if you compared it to a Kawaski ZX14. That makes a 600 look like a moped. But compared to a 250 then yes a 600 is big.

Hassan Rizvi
0

In my opinion, the Ariel Atom to me is one unique car. It bears a resemblance to a go-kart and it's so fast.... and it has good handling too.

Gustavo Sebastiani
0

that's the most impressive car starting for the simplicity of it big numbers based in the such a small machine honda vtec 4 cil this is a proof of balance betwen power and , chassis. you just hit it whit every you got the thing it just flow into the apex and the hairpin like notting .

Riley Brigden
35

This car is amazing!! I race go-carts and this is the only vehicle in the world that come pares. So fast, such incredible handling, fairly inexpensive, and the most unique build looks in the entire world. If I were asked do you want a Ferrari i would say nah i'd rather beat one in a car that costs a tenth as much!

Daryl Kay
0

If only the American version used the Honda engine!

Dylan Rogers
15

sweet car..... i saw it first on top gear

Melanie Woolard
90

to daryl kay: why? ecotec is better than vtec.

Chris Langowski
35

I'm just curious why the price tag is 65 grand? for what? a bit of steel tubing and a GM ecotec. The new cobalt ss has a turbo ecotec motor and starts for around 23 grand, so why is the atom cost 3 times more even though it has none of the amenities of a regular car?

Ben Davis
35

with the VTEC Honda motor it would be so much more reliable than a POS american engine. I am disappointed that they are going to be putting in that american engine instead of a light and much more economical Japanese Honda engine.

Rob Heebner
15

High Horsepower, low weight. Just an amazing car. I saw one once...

Andy McGillivray
0

It's great fun to drive. Made my s2000 seem very pedestrian after I'd had a play in one

John Smith
35

*fap*fap*fap*

Andy Benyamin
0

first off the ecotec is Japanese its made by TOYOTA. it such a good motor that almost half the cars on the road got one.. its the small block of the future that motor can produce 700hp+ with no forced induction ..the atom is an incredible car ..it shows u dont need tons of power or a big corpiration to build a fast ass car..it maybe 60-80 grand but put that cage witha 4 banger on a track n u'll be eating ur way through cars like packman ..its like another Super7..another legend thats gunna make its way into history!!!

Wouters Jonas
0

nice and fast daily car honda engine's are good powerfull

Derek Matzeg
35

Race This Bitch

Marlon Gilliam
0

mental

Calvin Heath
5

The ariel atom is an amazing toy.

Brian Hanson
0

gimme!

Melanie Woolard
90

andy benyamin: the current Ecotec line is manufactured by GM in Tonawanda, New York, Kaiserslautern, Germany, and (for Saturn) in Spring Hill, Tennessee.

Mark Chin-Penn
15

Love this Atom... From the 1st time I saw it on Top Gear, it appealed to my senses. love the fact that they took a HONDA engine. overall this car looks like a keeper

Paul Edwards
5

have you seen the 500 h.p. v 8 version yet?

Jason Mckinney
45

cool car

Dreamcarsman
35

Great car I've driven one supercharged as fast as it could take me loved every second of it