can i put a twin turbo on a civic coupe 99? how much will it cost?

Julio Olano
0

Asked by Julio Aug 06, 2009 at 05:59 PM about the 1999 Honda Civic

Roman Kolumnos
245

Here is the problem... to set up a custom twin turbo system you will need to spend a lot of time and money to plan out the custom piping, which incidentally is the most expensive part of ANY turbo setup and it won't even be worth it in terms of efficiency and performance. Why would you even want a twin turbo setup for a 4 cyl? Is this for drag racing, track racing, or "spirited driving"? You plan on using your stock b16 motor? I recommend you purchase a $3-4k complete bolt-on turbo kit (www.turbo-kits.com) with a T3/T4 turbo and a PEAKBOOST (important, it will reduce turbo lag and increase HP by at least 20hp @ 8psi) manifold. If you want massive power, swap in a K24 4 cyl engine from an Acura TSX and turbo that. It can produce as much as 500+hp on stock internals. Make sure you upgrade that clutch...

Chuck Lapitan
35

it is technically possible but all the mods you need to accomplish this would cost you an arm and a leg. to add to that, honda engines down handle heavy boost as much as a nissan or mitsubishi engine. it will sound cool to pull off this mod but it aint worth it. you wont get that much power out of it anyway, not to mention all the headaches you need to go through. better get a turbo kit and a matching computer box, pistons and fuel system. then tune it on the dyno. that way you are sure to gain a lot compared to the chopsuey twin turbo fabrication

Jesse Lemieux
45

i dont remember to much how the 99 civic so i have a 2 answers one if its a 4cyl. or a 4 cyl. in general then no dont even try to much power for the block and internals to and handle if its v6 small turbos only the small honda motor wont handle any thing big and it will be a pain to make the intake compatable with a twin turbo single not that bad if you do manage something your next and best idea you could have is an inner-cooler best thing for performance either that or just a cold air intake other wise your ramming warm air intake a combustion chamber cooling it down get a bigger boost.

jml12345
1,115

anything is possible,but i wouldnt do it. no room in that little shit.