How to make a 1999 honda accord faster cheap?

Mark Roland
5

Asked by Mark Dec 07, 2010 at 10:17 PM about the 1999 Honda Accord

How to make a 1999 honda accord faster cheap? I have a new cold air intake with a k and n filter, new high power spark plugs
with new cables, rotor and distributer cap. Anything else?

Dino Cornelio
35

how about a hot engine management chips.some can even be programed with a laptop .downloading map programs straight from the internet.

Nick Mullins
75

None of those are making your car faster. And its never cheap. But a tuned ECU would be ideal. I would recommend intake, headers and exhaust if you're going to do that to optimize it.

buccaneerz89
815

Flashing the computer with everything stock is wasted money. Those high power spark plug you got are junk. The coil creates the firing voltage so your getting the same voltage no matter what plugs you put in them. Theres not that many cheap things that will make it noticeibly faster. Best bet would to save up and rebuild the motor and do it the right way.

Erich Barthel
55

well if you live in colorado you get a hold of me and buy my parts i no longer need-car got totaled

Samuel Nadeau
165

cheap, fast, reliable pick 2 of the 3 you can't have all 3 of them. The f23 engine is a stout engine as are all the f series engines. They have allot of improvement for performance. SOHC vtec is performance pointless it was designed for fuel economy. SOCH vtec is nothing like DOHC vtec like found in b16's b18's h22's. If you want more power out of that engine plan to spend close to $1k and not even hit 200hp. If you want close to 200hp do a h22 swap. But you looking at 2k...not all that cheap. IT PAYS TO PLAY!.