engine life on 99 accord?

janwyers123
0

Asked by janwyers123 Nov 29, 2008 at 11:21 PM about the 1999 Honda Accord

what is life expectancy of 99 accord with 122,000miles?

Logan Saunders
1,180

Where is lightening gonna strike next? That is a question with far too many variables to answer with any reliability. BUT! If the car ISN'T HURT NOW and the maintenance has been performed as recommended by Honda....AND, if the timings belts have been changed as recommended...and, the current user isn't beating the crap out of it or spraying huge shots of nitrous through it. It will continue to perform well until something happens to change that. You can realistically expect well over 200K or more if you operate the car responsibily. My 91 CRX had 161K on the original engine; ran like a champ and burned no oil at the time I did an engine swap. My 89 Wagon had 234K on it at the time I sold it...still ran great and was still on the original A/C charge!

Tony Sawyers
0

my 1999 Honda Civic Lx with 5 speed had 532,428 miles on it when I made the mistake of selling it. It used a quart of oil every 5k miles, ac was cold and still got 38-42 mpg. I did all the maintenance, used Mobil 1 oil from new in the engine and transmission..love that car