My Honda accord has a sqeaking and rubbing sound coming from the front of the car when I turn at slow speeds but has now started happening at slightly higher speeds! Could my cv joint be broken? If so would it be expensive to fix? Or could it be something else?

Olliestix
0

Asked by Olliestix Jan 08, 2013 at 12:41 PM about the 2000 Honda Accord

45,765

It could be a soft tire - check your air pressures. It could be a loose control arm and the tire is rubbing on the body. Get it looked at if your tire pressures are good.

1,785

CV would be a clicking sound when you make turns so it is probably not your CV

Domenic Loduca
45

What year Accord? I have an '07 and the same thing happens to mine. It's the Upper and Lower control arm most likely. Mine makes the noise after it rains or in the cold. They just need to be greased more frequently when this occurs, it seems to solve the problem on mine! Best of luck with this!

1,785

most newer cars do not have grease fittings anymore. why? to save money. the only time you will have a grease fitting is on an aftermarket piece and domenic its a 2000 accord

Domenic Loduca
45

No there is no grease fitting, but there are two points where they join that most people think are grease fittings. I put a little grease on these two points and the squeaking stops for a couple of weeks, or until it rains!