reverse gear

minnie2k
0

Asked by minnie2k Jun 09, 2011 at 06:36 PM about the 2004 Honda S2000

I borrowed a 2004  S200K and the owner left the car with the key on my driveway without giving me a demo on how to run it.  I have driven a stick shift car before but not this kind where there's a button to push to start the engine after turning on the ignition key and stepping on the clutch.  My problem is that when I tried to get it to reverse gear, it will not go.  Is there another button I'm missing, to get it to reverse?  The owner is out of town and I can't reach on his cell phone.  so please help.
thanks,
Willie

Jeff Leeper

parents car?

Lamar Elmore
10

i not sure about this car but it may have a lock out reverse like some of the older chevrolets, look on the side of the shifter for a ....dohickie... that will pull up or try pushing down on the gear shift knob, you could do a google search to be shur, i hope this was a little help.

Neima Shahbazi
65

Push the entire shifter down then over to reverse. Imagine that the reverse gear is on a step lower than all the other gears.

Yosaif Solove
0

All the way to the right, next to 6th gear