what is the honda warranty ?

DBS
0

Asked by DBS Nov 16, 2008 at 09:26 AM about the 2004 Honda Accord

1) It says 4 yrs / 50k miles. Is it about whichever occurs earlier?
2) Is there any other warranty which honda gave on the 2004 accord? I am
buying a preowned 2004 accord, hence the question

Logan Saunders
1,180

Go by the guidelines in the owners manual. And yes, if it states 4 years or 50K miles; it means whichever comes FIRST! If the car is still under warranty, expect to be contacted at some point about purchasing the extended warranty. BUT on a good note; the Accord is about the MOST RELIABLE car on the planet. In general, if you follow the maintence schedule outlined by Honda and change the timing belts as recommended. The mileage isn't a great factor provided the car is "unhurt" when YOU buy it. Consider taking it to a Firestone for a Complete Vehicle Inspection before purchasing it. They will identify any potential red flags on the car. Sure, you'll occasionally change routine wear items like brake pads, belts, hoses etc. But you will more than likely not deal with any major repairs. Expect several hundred thousand miles of service as a REASONABLE expectation from that car. In all honesty, extended warranties are not "that GREAT' anyway. The money you shell out for it will more than cover any eventual repair over your ownership of the car.