Is this Crazy?

littlelate784
60

Asked by littlelate784 Sep 02, 2013 at 04:03 PM about the 2005 Honda Accord

Two years ago I had a 98 Lexus, and all the lug nuts on every tire was loosened and one of the tires flew off. Yesterday, My 05 Honda Accord lug nuts on the rear drivers side was loosened as well. What are the chances of that happening to two different cars

47,305

Are you using the same tire shop? Has the same person worked on your tires? Upset anyone lately? Just kidding. Very unlikely that it would happen to you twice unless same person or company works on your tires.

littlelate784
60

Thank You I kinda figured that but I figured I would ask. Can that happen at all? If you haven't had any work done to your car in over a year, no tire shops, etc.

littlelate784
60

I never had a problem with the car, and I just don't know what to think.

47,305

In your case I would make it a habit of having them checked/tightened regularly just in case you have a gremlin visiting your lug nuts. Maybe even mark the lug nuts with a marker so at just a glance you can tell if they have become loose some how.

littlelate784
60

Thank you I will... So I take it this doesn't happen normally on cars?...That is a great idea with marking them.

18,335

Once the lug nuts have been torqued and then rechecked they should not back off by themselves, I once lived in an apartment complex for a very short period of time and I guess that some of the kids that ran around the complex would go out very late at night and loosen a number of cars wheels so they would fall off in a very short distance, the give away is they only did the cars that were close enough to the bus stops in the complex, I guess to they could see their handiwork on the way to the bus stops. I now hear that it all stopped as the complex put in video cameras.

47,305

I have only had it happen once and it was due to an elderly gentle man changing one of my tires on a car I had loaned to a friend. They told me to check them but in those days I tended to be preoccupied with other things to much. Same friend was driving it two days later and it came flying off and it hit a garbage truck. Just glad no one got hurt.

littlelate784
60

I am thankful nothing happened too. I was shocked because because I got rid of the lexus for the soul reason that happened with all 4 tires and got the accord... I am concerned because this person borrowed my car both times and this happened

47,305

Might want to reconsider who you loan your car to.