1999 sonoma 4.3 auto stumbling during acceleration/keeping speed

Devan K Taylor
5

Asked by Devan K Aug 19, 2011 at 01:39 AM about the 1999 GMC Sonoma

my 99 sonoma seems to be stumbling when accelerating and will jump in revs when trying to keep speed at times.  i have recently changed the spark plugs, o2 sensor, fixed exhaust leak by downpipe, new plug wires and dist cap.  i know my driveshaft is out of alignment because it was checked over recently.  ordering a kit to level it out.  

any ideas on a fix for this problem?  

Brandon Damm
15

im not a mechanic but have u checked ur fuel filter. it just seems like uve checked everything else. and ur sure ur plugs, dist cap, and wires r all working? u might have a a spark plug wire not plug in the greatest to ur dist cap. check that to. and u might what to make sure ur dist cap is put on right. cuz one turn to far or not far enough would throw that whole thing off. make sure u check that to. id check that first

Mike Chin
435

has the catalytic converter been checked?

Devan K Taylor
5

I replaced the cat. Fuel filter was just replaced with last oil change last week. It is still jumping in revs a bit when it is in overdrive. I was told that there were problems with the valvebody of the transmission on these trucks that stop the torque converter from working properly. I will get it checked over by a transmission shop soon.