Can you help me start my car??

Don077
0

Asked by Don077 May 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM about the 1987 Lincoln Town Car

I can get it to crank, but it will not turn over to start.  The battery, fuel pump, starter are all new.  What can it be that is preventing me from starting it?

82,795

Possibly not getting spark to the plugs.

Nick Frost
35

check distributor? ECU, plugs and leads

aztec626bf
6,955

If you have someone to help you get some starter fluid and have them spray a little in the intake while you crank it over. If the car runs momentarily then shuts off you have a fuel delivery problem. If it still doesn't start you have an ignition issue.

nzlov
45

My sincere apologies for not responding as quickly as these gentlemen have but I am not a certified Mechanic. I come to find answers about my Town car on this website because I have been the recipient of help when I needed it. I do trust in the knowledgeable answers you will receive from here. =))

nzlov
45

OH MY! I thought I was using the pix for my icon but instead I absent-mindedly clicked where I shouldn't have. My apologies to everyone who sees the glittered shoe...was not intentional at all!

aztec626bf
6,955

Nice shoe!!!!!