99 v6 T-loc

Jordan Krenz
75

Asked by Jordan Feb 14, 2009 at 10:57 PM about the 1999 Ford Mustang

I've got a '99 v6 35th Anniversary Mustang and with bolt ons and some non bolt ons I'm running about 275 hp with a tune and
i'm wanting to put in a T-loc. Am I better off going to the junk yard and ripping off the rear end to a totaled gt with the 8.8 or
buying a 7.5 t-loc from American Muscle and putting that in?

Justen Pautzke
55

what all depends on what condition and how many miles are on the gt in the junk yard. a t lock will run like $200, the axle could run you that then you might have to pay 85 to 120 for a rebuild kit for bearings and what not not to mention labor if you dont do that work yourself. So again it all depends. If you were planning on going over 300 ft lbs of torque or are over that already i would say buy the rear end and replace the 7.5 with the stronger 8.8. What bolt ons do you have that your producing 275hp. Is that dyno numbers? i own a 2000 v6.

Jordan Krenz
75

I started off pretty simple with the bolt ons. LT headers and full true dual exhaust, CAI, short throw shifter. Then i started to do the more expensive stuff. I rebuilt the engine and stroked it it a 4.3L, I also did the Windstar upper plenum swap and added in a blower. I also have a Zoom high performance clutch and a Spec aluminum flywheel, and an aluminum driveshaft. So with a good tune from a not so local dyno shop, (which btw I don't think was all that accurate...I think I'm making more.) When I race GT's I blow past them, they just don't stand a chance, but I've raced Mach 1's and i'm neck to neck with them. And even the stock mach 1's are making 305hp....

Adam Morgan
3,925

Yeah but that's a flywheel number. The 275 you dyno'd at the wheel is actually, with a 17% parasitic loss, about 330 hp.

Justen Pautzke
55

with that extensive list of mods i would look at getting the 8.8 and also maybe buying a t-5 transmission kit and build the t-5 up soon, the t-5 transmission is only good for about 300ft lbs torque to the wheels. So you are getting up there.

Justen Pautzke
55

Also im sure you already knew but the 8.8 has a t-loc in it.