Low fuel efficiency of 1.8 engine and cracking noise comes out at the ignition- Why?

THUSHARA
10

Asked by THUSHARA Jan 16, 2013 at 03:02 AM about the 2008 Toyota Allion

Recently I bought Toyota Allion 1.8(engine capacity) -2008 model. Although most of the time I try to run while the green eco light is on, the fuel efficiency drops below 8km/l ( around 7.5) as it indicates. But to my knowledge Allion has good fuel efficiency. Can 1.8 engine have such lower fuel efficiency? Is something wrong with the engine? My second problem is when the push button is pressed at the start, engine starts but at the same time a cracking noise comes out from the starter motor. What could be the reason for it and how could I rectify this problem. This noise does not come out at subsequent starts which could happen in between short time intervals. Can someone answer for these questions please?

pedroallion
65

I have a 2007 Allion A18 and it's reasonably fuel efficient - approximately 14 - 15km/l.

Mosharof Hossain
20

Fuel inefficiency possible due to malfunction of the (cant remember the name now) sensor.you will find this sensor beneath the mainfold. i hope we kept the wheel size as recommended by Toyota. second problem the sound is form self starter its electrical prob wth da push strt switch. after engaging the ignation the electrical voltage cut from the relay is delayed